Astra is an easy to install, unobtrusive, integrated reader/antenna designed for office and commercial environments. Driven by ThingMagic's powerful Mercury5e UHF RFID reader module, Astra's Power over Ethernet (PoE) and WiFi options allow for flexible, low cost, single cable installations. With full support for ThingMagic's enterprise-class MercuryOS software, Astra blends in well with corporate IT infrastructures and office lay outs.
Astra features include:
- High performance, EPCglobal Generation 2.0 (ISO 18000-6C) support with anti-collision, Dense Reader Mode (DRM) and advanced anti-jamming functionality.
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) reduces cabling and electrical outlet proximity requirements.
- WiFi option, providing low cost integration with existing enterprise WiFi networks. Supports enterprise WiFi security standards including TKIP, AES and EAP-TLS.
- Integrated 865-956 MHz circularly-polarized antenna with 6 dBiL gain and 65° beamwidth.
- ThingMagic's MercuryOS software, for application development, network management and security.
- 16MB of flash and 32MB of RAM available for reader-hosted applications.
- Read range up to 30 feet for Generation 2 UHF RFID tags.
- Read rate over 190 tags per second.
- An external antenna port for an additional antenna.
- An easy to use Development Kit for customized applications, settings, deployments and management.
- A small form factor (10.2"H x 10.2"W x 3"D).