Using advanced imaging technology, the Gryphon I GFS4100 fixed mount bar code reader provides a complete self-contained solution for OEM use into self-service kiosks, price verifiers, ticket readers, document handling, and medical laboratory applications, as well as vending machines and other automated equipment.
Designed for easy integration, the Gryphon I GFS4100 reader provides a simple ‘plug-and-play’ solution for system designers. Constructed using high-impact resin to withstand repeated cleanings with solvents and disinfectant solutions, the sealed enclosure meets industrial standards against water and particulates to provide dependable and reliable scanning performance.
The Gryphon I GFS4100 OEM module shares the same excellent reading characteristics found in the premium line of Gryphon 4100 series of handheld devices. Featuring outstanding near-field reading, a wide angle field-of-view, improved motion tolerance and snappy reading, it also offers integrators excellent performance on decoding poor or damaged codes. As with all Gryphon readers, the GFS4100 reader offers users additional good-read visual confirmation with Datalogic's patented 'Green Spot' technology.
The Gryphon I GFS4100 reader supports several modes that can be used as a trigger. The module has the ability to automatically sense objects and trigger itself. A continuous scan mode transmits data whenever a bar code passes into its field of view. The reader can be triggered remotely using input from programmable logic controller (PLC) or sensor.
Available in two models, the GFS4150-9 model supports an RS-232 serial interface, or the GFS4170 features a USB interface. The USB version supports both USB-HID for easy integration and keyboard emulation, or USB COM for virtual serial communications.
- High-speed imaging for fast moving codes.
- Read rate: 320 reads/second.
- Excellent near-field reading at the scan window.
- Supports all common linear (1D) bar codes including GS1 DataBar.
- Reads high resolution bar codes up to 3 mils.
- Datalogic’s patented Green Spot for good-read feedback.
- Integrated good-read beeper.
- Automatic sensing or manual trigger options available.
- Integrated interface cable.
- High-impact resin creates a solvent-tolerant enclosure.
- Water and Particulate Sealing Rating: IP54.