Epson TM-T88V Receipt POS Printer
The Epson TM-T88V is the latest addition to Epson’s industry-leading TM-T88 POS printer series. Designed for use in food service and retail environments, the TM-T88V offers more speed, features and reliability than ever before.
High-speed, high-resolution text and graphics printing
Now you can speed customer throughput with the Epson TM-T88V printer. It prints both receipts and graphics at the same high speed of up to 300mm per second—50% faster than the Epson TM-T88IV. And it’s the first printer in the industry to offer 16 levels of grayscale to ensure clear, crisp graphics.
Reliability you can count on
With a MCBF of 70 million lines, 35% higher than the Epson TM-T88IV, and an auto-cutter life of 2 million cuts, the Epson M-T88V delivers best-in-class reliability so critical in high volume environments.
Easy to use. Easy to maintain.
The Epson TM-T88V is packed with easy-to-use features including drop-in paper loading, an auto-cutter, easy-to-read LEDs and an improved cover design to protect the printer from foreign objects.
More features, more flexibility
The Epson TM-T88V also features auto speed adjustment for smoother printing, margin and line reduction functions to reduce paper usage and costs and more barcode options including 2D. In addition, it comes with dual interfaces (USB and one additional interface) for flexibility in handling interface transitions.
ENERGY STAR qualified
Multiple configurations of the TM-T88V printer meet ENERGY STAR requirements, making it the only ENERGY STAR qualified POS thermal receipt printer that is available today.
Backed by the leader
The Epson TM-T88V is backed by Epson’s industry-leading service and support programs and comes with a four-year limited warranty.
The Epson TM-T88V POS thermal printer offers 50% faster printing of text and graphics than the Epson TM-T88IV, 35% more reliability, new ease-of-use features and dual interfaces. In addition, multiple configurations of the TM-T88V meet ENERGY STAR requirements making it the only ENERGY STAR qualified POS thermal receipt printer available today.*
* Several configurations of the TM-T88V printer meet the requirements for ENERGY STAR qualification. Other configurations do not meet the ENERGY STAR requirements due to some missing component such as a power supply or interface. In addition, there may be other specialized configurations sold to a particular partner that may not qualify and were not tested due to cost. The product codes of non-qualifying TM-T88V configurations are: C31CA85811, C31CA85831, C31CA85901, C31CA85011, C31CA85081, C31CA85141, C31CA85631, C31CA85067, C31CA85227, C31CA85237, C31CA85090, C31CA85064, C31CA85324, and any 12-digit product code ending in zero.
Epson TM-T88V Highlights
- Fast and versatile printing up to 300mm/second
- Same fast print speed for both text and graphics
- Industry-first true grayscale printing of graphics
- Best-in-class reliability with a MCBF of 70 million lines
- Dual interfaces standard including built-in USB plus one UIB interface
- Ease-of-use features including drop-in paper loading, auto-cutter and status LEDs
- OS support for Microsoft® Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2000; Mac OS X v10.4, v10.5, v10.6 (Power PC/Intel Processor) and Linux
- Low power consumption, ENERGY STAR qualified
- Handles 80 or 58mm paper roll sizes
- Features print options to reduce paper usage
- Improved cover design protects against foreign objects
- Industry-leading four-year limited warranty
Epson TM-T88V Specifications
Thermal line printing
Font A (default)
9 x 17 (including 2-dot horizontal spacing)
Column Capacity (A, B)
1.41mm W x 3.39mm H
0.99mm W x 2.40mm H
95 Alphanumeric, 18 International, 128 x 43 Graphic (including user-defined page)
Traditional/Simple Chinese, Thai, Japanese, Korean
UPC-A/E, CODE 39/93/128, EAN8/13, ITF, CODABAR 2D symbols: PDF417, QR-CODE, MaxiCode, Composite Symbology, GS1-128, GS1 DataBar Omni-directional /Truncated/Limited/Expanded
Built-in USB interface + another selection: serial RS-232C, parallel IEEE-1284, high-speed USB, powered USB, Ethernet 10/100Base-T/TX, wireless, or a Connect-It* interface (Only one interface can be used at a time.)
45 bytes or 4KB, selectable
12KB; macro: 2KB
Page Mode Area
Print Speed (Max)
11.8”/second (300mm) graphics and text; 2.4”/second for ladder and 2D barcodes
3.13” ± 0.02” x 3.27” diameter (79.5 ± 0.5(W) x 83mm)
2.26” ± 0.02” x 3.27” diameter (57.5 ± 0.5(W) x 83mm)
55 to 80 μm
24 VDC ± 7%
Operating: approx 1.8 A (mean)
2 million cuts
5.71 x 7.68 x 5.83” (W x D x H) (145 x 195 x 148mm)
3.5 lb (1.6 kg)
Power supply cover, PS-180 AC adapter, wall-hanging bracket, affixing tape and Connect-It interfaces*
Drivers and setup utility are available on CD
FCC/ICES-003 Class A
UL1950/CSA C22.2 No. 950
|Print Speed ||300mm/second (11.8") graphics and text|
|Interface ||Built-in USB interface + another selection: serial RS-232C, parallel IEEE-1284, high-speed USB, powered USB, Ethernet 10/100Base-T/TX, or a Connect-It interface. (Only one interface can be used at a time.)|
|Paper dimensions ||80mm: 3.13" ± 0.02" x 3.27" diameter (79.5 ± 0.5(W) x 83mm)|
58mm: 2.26" ± 0.02" x 3.27" diameter (57.5 ± 0.5(W) x 83mm)
|Reliability ||MTBF 360,000 hours|
MCBF 70,000,000 lines
|Overall dimensions ||5.71 x 7.68 x 5.83" (W x D x H) (145 x 195 x 148mm)|
|Case Color: ||Epson Cool White, Epson Dark Gray|