Guide to Software Updates and Upgrades
Fast and Easy Updates and Upgrades!
Depending on the type of update or upgrade users need, they can be using a new version of BarTender in as little as 10 minutes.
- Service releases and minor version updates can be downloaded for free anytime.
- Users that properly registered their original software purchase
Understanding Updates and Upgrades
- Version Updates: Upgrades BarTender to the most recent version.(As of July 4, 2013, only usersof version 9.3 or higher are eligible for this type of upgrade.) If the end-user has a current software maintenance contract, major version updates are free. If the end-user does not have a current software maintenance contract, use the version update prices found in this guide.
- Edition Upgrades: Steps up to a more advanced edition of BarTender. For example, a user might upgrade from a 10-printer Automation edition to a 10-printer Enterprise Automation edition. If the end-user is not on the current version of BarTender, an update is required before any Edition upgrade can be made.
- Printer Add-ons: Increases the number of printers
Service Releases and Minor Version Updates are Free!
In each of the following two examples, users install the update on the same PC where an existing copy of BarTender is installed. They do not need a new Product Key Code (PKC) for a minor version update because their newly installed BarTender will detect when a valid PKC is already in place. These updates are free and do not require users to contact anybody.
- "SR" Service Releases: For most service releases, the version number will stay the same and only an "SR" number will change. For example, BarTender 10.0 has a service release, and is referred to as "BarTender 10.0 SR1." The next service release would be "BarTender 10.0 SR2." Service releases are downloaded from the service release web page (see below).
- Minor Version Updates for Older Software: With minor updates, only the "hundredths" digit changes, such as updating from version 9.0 to version 9.01. Minor version updates and service releases are downloadable using the following link:
- End-users with maintenance may update their BarTender to the latest version at any time for no additional charge. Software maintenance agreements cost about half of the cost of purchasing "conventional" software updates for BarTender. The annual cost continues to be around 18% of the list price of the copy of BarTender purchased. All maintenance purchases are non-refundable.
- New Maintenance: New maintenance is sold at the time of new product purchase or within 30 days of purchase. Please reference the BarTender Price Schedule for all new maintenance purchases. There is a 12-month minimum purchase requirement.
- Maintenance Renewal: Maintenance renewal notices are sent 60 days prior to maintenance expiration. Renewal orders will be accepted up to 30 days past maintenance expiration without penalty. There is a 12-month minimum purchase requirement.
- Maintenance Upgrades: When purchasing an edition or printer upgrade for a product currently under a maintenance agreement, the associated maintenance agreement must also be upgraded for the number of months remaining on the contract. Failure to do so will render the maintenance agreement void.
Major Version Updates, Edition Upgrades, and Printer Add-Ons
Product Information Required from End-Users
For major version updates, edition upgrades, printer add-ons, maintenance renewal, and maintenance upgrades, the following is required:
1. Proper Registration: The software must be properly registered. Users that have not already registered their software may have processing of their upgrade order delayed by as much as 24 hours. Users can register software right now at:
2. Product Key Code: Where to find the Product Key Code (PKC):
- For Single Licenses of BarTender: The Product Key Code will be found on the inside cover of the jewel case for the CD.
- For Multiple Licenses of BarTender: Separate cards that came with the CD will contain multiple PKCs.
3. Version Number and Edition: Users should go to the Help menu within BarTender and select the About option and write down the edition name and version number for later reference when ordering their upgrade.
End-users should contact their reseller to purchase their upgrade(s) and get the new PKC required to activate it. Users should be prepared to:
- Provide the product information described above.
- Explain which type of upgrade(s) they want. (Use the following tables to find the appropriate list prices and part numbers.) Resellers: If more detailed pricing information is required, please contact Seagull.
- Make arrangements for payment.
Getting the New Software Right Away!
Any users that are in a rush can simply download the latest Trial edition fromwww.BarTenderBarcodeSoftware.comand install it right away. The user simply requests the new PKC over the phone (or by e-mail) so that they can enter it into their software when asked. And then, happy printing!