This construction encapsulates the entire inlay, sealing it from environmental conditions that could have an adverse affect on the performance and life of the RFID tag. A variety of substrates including polyester, polypropylene or polycarbonate may be used ranging in thickness from .002″ to .010″. A carrier, usually white, provides opacity and serves as the upper layer of adhesive. Another adhesive designed to match the application or mounting surface may range in thickness from .002″ to .0035″.
Single Side Adhesive
- Materials: polypropylene, polyester, polycarbonate
- Print Process: subsurface print
- Print Copy: variable data such as bar code and/or human readable
- Affixing Method: pressure sensitive acrylic and rubber based adhesives
- Applications: fixed asset applications primarily on non-metal surfaces
- Inlays used: Alien “Squiggle™”, Avery Dennison 22, Rafsec Short Dipole