Star SP700 PrinterHigh speed, high reliability, compact, clamshell dot matrix, label, receipt and ticket printer
The Star SP700 impact printer combines ease of use, high speed, reliability and a compact footprint to provide a value-driven solution.
The Star SP700 is an impact printer made of a proven technology (Impact Dot matrix) with all the tools that allow you to use it with the latest PC hardware and still using legacy POS software.
Its swappable communication interface allow you to upgrade the printer at any time to support USB or Ethernet Even so your application do not support these new communications (USB, Ethernet), our driver will make the printer work.
The advantages of such a printer are evident for applications such as retail, Bar, restaurants, Dry cleaners and convenience stores. This Dot matrix printer is provided with all standard operating system drivers (Windows™, Linux™ and Mac™) and specialty drivers such as OPOS™ and JPOS™. Star has also included a number of embedded simple utilities that will enhance Retail or Hospitality CRM in POS applications and therefore make the entire experience a charm.
The Star SP700 printer is the ultimate Dot Matrix printer that allows you to print multiple plies.
Includes Windows Vista™ “WHQL” drivers on CD.
The SP700 printer comes complete, right out of the box, with free, feature - packed software included on CD!
This software includes:
The Receipt Redesign Tool which includes:
Add Images (logos, coupons)
Other Value Added Software Tools include:
- Invert Printing
- Ethernet connection setup
- Memory Setting utility
- Virtual Port (USB or Ethernet)
Star SP700 Printer Features & Benefits
- Internal power supply
- High speed throughput: 13 receipts per minute
- "Plug & Play" USB drivers
- "Drop-In & Print" paper loading
- All accessories included (except cable)
- All drivers and software included (Vista, XP, Linux, Mac)
- Match the model to your application – Tear bar, auto-cutter and rewinder models available.
- 2 colours – colour option attracts attention to modifiers or special items on the receipt.
- Macro storage function adds security to receipts and tickets with graphics and special fonts.
- Splash proof design protects it from the harsh environments of kitchens and restaurants.
- SP700 re-winder version automatically spools printed paper into a conveniently storable roll.
- Produce flawless pre – printed documents with its black mark sensor.
- Recessed cable connections keep cables securely connected and free of accidental disconnection; keep food and other debris from damaging the cables.
- Space efficient /optional vertical and wall mount kits available
- Available product versions
- SP712 Tear Bar Version
- SP712R Tear Bar Version w/ Rewinder
- SP742 Auto-Cutter Version
- SP742R Auto-Cutter Version w/ Rewinder
Star SP700 Printer Typical Applications
End of Day reports
CAT- Credit Card Authorization Terminals
Star SP700 Printer Specifications
Virtual serial port to USB
Virtual serial port to Ethernet
VISTA (32- and 64-bit)
Vector or Line Mode
5ft power cord (depends on model purchased)
Embedded power supply
Power switch cover
Virtual serial port
Wall mount brackets
Choice of Putty or Gray colour housing
Choice of Tear-Bar or Auto-Cutter models
Choice of Rewinder (spooler) models
9pin Impact Dot Matrix
13 RPM (Receipts per minute), (4.7 LPS)
(Standard) / 70 & 58mm (with paper guide)
Star Mode, ESC/POS
110 to 230 VAC
22 million lines
1 million cuts
160mm W x 152mm H x 245mm D
|Print Method||Dot Matrix|
|Print Speed (per second)||Up to 8.9 lines|
|Number of Columns||35 or 42|
|Paper Width||58mm, 69.5mm or 76mm|
|Paper Thickness||0.06mm to 0.085mm|
|Paper Roll Diameter||Up to 85mm|
|Paper Loading||"Drop-In and Print", Easy Load with see-through cover|
|Character Set|| |
|Emulation||Star Mode and ESC/POS|
|Interface||RS232 Serial, Parallel, USB 2.0, Ethernet or WiFi|
|Paper Sensors||Paper End (Near End Sensor option - factory fit)|
|Reliability||MCBF: 22 million lines|
Autocutter: 1.5 million cuts
|Software Drivers||Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP/Vista, OPOS and JavaPOS drivers|
|Dimensions (W x D x H)||160mm x 245mm x 152mm|
164mm x 245mm x 152mm (rewind versions)
|Weight||2.96kg (SP712), 3.18kg (SP742), 3.43kg (SP712R),3.65kg (SP742R)|
|Options||Buzzer, Wall mount / vertical use kit|