The Magellan Multiple Antenna Reader System (MARS-24) is an RFID reader/writer designed to meet the requirements to verify, inventory, monitor and control a large number of valuable items located in display cases, cabinets, presentation areas and on gaming tables and shelves or on a conveyor at high speed.
The MARS-24 is a high performance system for PJM StackTag® and PJM ItemTag® RFID tags. It provides high speed operations with multiple antennas.
The MARS-24 is capable of operating up to 24 antennas. These antennas can be arranged as required to operate 24 separate read/write stations or any combination of multi-axis stations that will identify tags in multiple orientations.
The MARS-24 is particularly well suited to applications in
- document management
The MARS-24 features:
- The ability to identify, read and write reliably to many hundreds of tags a second
- Reliable identification of tightly stacked and overlapping or touching tags
Capable of writing reliably a unique 96-bit number such as an Electronic Product Code (EPC) at a rate of 3,000 tags per minute
- Ability to identify and read 96-bit numbers at a rate of 15,000 tags per minute
- Operates PJM StackTag® and PJM ItemTag® simultaneously
- A powerful processing platform allowing for stand-alone reader operation
- Ability to detect the movement of tags between read and write stations (antennas) instantly
- Removal of tags from the reader sets off an alarm signal (custom software feature)
- Very good connectivity offering both Ethernet and USB interfaces
- General purpose digital I/O Interface
- Complies with ISO/IEC 18000-3 Mode 2