The pharmaceutical industry use RFID to track and trace authenticated pharmaceutical products in the open supply chain from manufacturers via distribution centers to pharmacies and patients. This will ensure that pharmaceuticals are not counterfeited or tampered with, sold beyond expiry date, or that they reenter the supply chain after once being sold. For auditing purposes pharmaceutical companies need to track and to store samples and R&D results over long periods of time for sample checks or auditing purposes.
PJM offers tremendous advantages for the whole pharmaceutical supply chain as it offers enough speed reserves and robustness to achieve 6-Sigma implementations easily:
- All necessary secure PJM tags and powerful readers are available TODAY!
- PJM StackTag® can stack and is insensitive to metals, liquids and other tags in close proximity
- High speed personalization for manufacturers at speeds up to 5 meters per second
- Reliable identification and processing of mixed totes at distribution centers containing more than 200 items in blister packs or bottles filled with liquids
- Personalization, authentication and stock control of prescription drugs
Magellan and its partners have developed a full range of dedicated products for Pharmaceutical e-Pedigree, auditing and life science applications which allows to implement working Pharmaceutical RFID implementations successfully at this stage.
Products for Pharmaceuticals:
- MARS reader family with a wide range of dedicated antennas for pharmaceutical manufacturers, distributors or even pharmacies
- Fully shielded 3-D tunnel reader (MSTRP-5050) to process large quantities (>200) of pharmaceutical products in mixed totes for manufacturers and distribution centers reliably
- Special small tunnel antennas for identifying large quantities (>1000) of small pharmaceutical items like microscopic slides, vials or tubes.
- Various PJM StackTag® inlets, transparent or printable paper labels for all needs
- PJM enabled handheld readers and printers offered by Magellan partners or licensees
Pharmaceutical Item Level Tagging
Pharmaceutical Item Tracking Using High Speed Conveyor Pharmaceutical Item Tracking In A Tunnel Reader