Star Micronics SP500 Printer
The Star Micronics SP500 sets a new standard for design, features and performance in dot matrix printers.
Star Micronics SP500 Printer Features
- High performance, high reliability, long life receipt printers
- Over 4 lines per second print speed
- Internal universal power supply - 100 to 240 VAC 50/60Hz
- Tear bar & auto-cutter models
- Windows, OPOS and JavaPOS drivers
- Exceptional value and performance
The Star Micronics SP500 Printer series offers two models, each with a choice of two communications interfaces, the Star Micronics SP512 tear bar model, and the Star Micronics SP542 auto cutter model. For communications, the Star Micronics SP500 series are available with either parallel (IEEE1284) or serial (RS232C) interfaces. Aesthetic integration is fostered by the availability of two popular case colours: charcoal gray and putty.
At over 4 lines/sec (at 42 columns per line) printing speed, the Star Micronics SP500 is among the fastest dot matrix printers currently on the market. Its print head contains the latest in print head technology, providing improved response times and increased reliability over previously available technology. This 9pin print head, coupled with a stepping motor paper feed, allows the Star Micronics SP500 series to print high-quality graphics and extended characters. The logic seeking mechanism of the Star Micronics SP500 increases the efficiency of the print mechanism, while also aiding in improving print speed.
Typical Star Micronics SP500 Printer Applications
End of Day Reports
Credit Card Authorization Terminals
Star Micronics SP500 Printer Benefits
- Match the model to your application – Tear bar and auto-cutter versions available.
- Reduce wait time with its fast output printing 40 columns at 4 lines per second.
- Race through 58mm paper at 7.5 lines per second.
- Single – colour highlight option attracts attention to modifiers or special items on the receipt.
- Macro storage function adds security to receipts and tickets with graphics and special fonts.
- Splash proof design protects it from the harsh environments of kitchens and restaurants.
- SP500 re-winder version automatically spools printed paper into a conveniently storable roll.
- Produce flawless pre – printed documents with its black mark sensor.
- Recessed cable connections keep cables securely connected and free of accidental disconnection; keep food and other debris from damaging the cables.
- Space efficient /optional vertical and wall mount kits available
Star Micronics SP500 Printer Specifications
SP542 (full & partial cut)
No. of columns
Standard roll paper
76mm default, 58mm adjustable
Copies: original + 2 copies (Max. 0.20mm)
Paper roll core
MCBF 22 million lines,
Printhead - 100 million characters
0C to 40C
10% to 90% RH
Serial (RS232C) or parallel (IEEE1284)
Star mode, ESC/POS
2 drivers, 1 compulsion switch
SP542 (full & partial cut)
Windows9x/NT/2000, OPOS, JavaPOS
Putty or Charcoal
100 to 240V AC, 50/60Hz
140 (W) x 225 (D) x 163 (H)
|Print Method||Dot Matrix |
|Print Speed (per second)||Up to 7.5 lines|
|Number of Columns||40, 42 or 35 (76mm paper)|
30, 32 or 26 (58mm paper)
|Paper Width||76mm or 57.5mm|
|Paper Thickness||0.07 to 0.10mm|
|Paper Roll Diameter||Up to 85mm|
|Paper Loading||"Drop-In & Insert"|
|Character Set||95 alphanumeric, 46 International, 128 x 40 graphic|
|Emulation||Star Mode / ESC/POS|
|Interface||RS232 Serial, Parallel, Ethernet and USB|
|Paper Sensors||Paper End |
|Reliability||MCBF: 9 million lines|
Autocutter: 300,000 Cuts
|Software Drivers||Windows 95/98/ME/2000/XP/NT4.0, Linux, OPOS, JavaPOS,|
Apple MAC, CUPS Support
|Dimensions (W x D x H)||140mm x 225mm x 163mm|
|Weight||2.0kg (Tear Bar Model), 2.2kg (Autocutter Model)|
|Options||Paper Near End Sensor, Star Buzzer alarm,|
Paper Rewind (Journal) - Distributor/Factory Fit,
Vertical Mount Paper Roll Holder WB-S500,
Ethernet & USB options for SPECIAL SP500 version