2D barcode scanners for EU directive for pharmacies on Falsified Medicines Directive (FMD)
Barcode Technologies www.barcode-uk.com is now offering a comprehensive range of FMD 2D barcode datamatrix scanners for EU directive for pharmacies relating to Falsified Medicines EU Directive (FMD) which all community high street pharmacies will have to start using for validation of all medicines dispensed at their pharmacy shops. There is deadline of the Feb-2019 and these dispensing pharmacies must implement and install the 2D barcode scanners. We are here to
The costs are in the billions each year and are extremely dangerous as a health hazard.
European Union Parliament adopted the Falsified Medicines Directive and in February 2016, the Delegated Regulation supplementing Directive 2001/83/EC and 4 Annexes was published in the Official Journal of the European Union. Pan-European implementation of the directive has a delivery deadline of February 2019.
The 2D Datamatrix barcodes scanners will read/scan the barcode data that manufacturers will include on packs of medicines.
The EU Falsified Medicines Directive and What It Means:
Europe’s Falsified Medicines Directive (FMD) comes into full force on 9th February 2019 is a mandatory requirement for product coding, traceability and tamper-evidence will be enforced in over 30 European countries.
Europe’s Falsified Medicines Directive (FMD) requires that all unit-of-sale pack of prescription medicines must carry a “safety feature” includes a 2D Data Matrix barcode and human readable data and must be also tamper-evident.
The 2D datamatrix barcodes must contain a minimum of four pieces of information: batch number, expiry date, global trade item number (GTIN) and a randomized serial number.
The data must also be printed in human readable form, ideally adjacent to the code. An example as showing on this page.
Manufacturers will barcode their products and report encoded barcode data to a central EU Hub run by the European Medicines Verification Organisation (EMVO). This will push barcode information data down to appropriate national data repositories run by corresponding National Medicines Verification Organisations (NMVOs).
Please complete the form below to request a quote for these products.
Be the first to submit a question, use the form below.
- Product Specification - Honeywell 1400g 1D & 2D Datamatrix Handheld Barcode scanner
- Product Specification - Newland HR22 1D & 2D Datamatrix Handheld Barcode Scanner
- Product Specification - Zebra DS8100-HC 1D & 2D Handheld Barcode Scanners
- Product Specification - Datalogic GRYPHON 4400-HC 1D & 2D Datamatrix HealthCare Barcode Scanners
- Product Specification - Datalogic GRYPHON I GD4400 1D & 2D Datamatrix Barcode Scanners
- Product Specification - FMD 2D Data Matrix data make-up
- Product Specification - EU FMD Typical Printing on Pharma BOXES and PACKAGING
- Product Specification - Datalogic QuickScan Lite QW2400 2D FMD Barcode Scanner
- Product Specification - Zebra DS9208 FMD Desk-top 2D Barcode Scanner
- Product Specification - Zebra DS4308 FMD 2D Barcode Scanner
- Product Specification - Test FMD 2D Barcodes to print out and test scanner