Ruckus ZoneFlex R510Overview:The Ruckus ZoneFlex R510 delivers high-performance and reliable 802.11ac wireless networking with MU-MIMO (Multi-User Multiple-Input Multiple-Output) capability. MU-MIMO helps boost network throughput by serving multiple clients simultaneously and also benefiting non-Wave 2 clients, thus improving overall network performance.The R510, through its USB port, also enables IoT readiness for technologies like BLE, which helps drive business
Ruckus ZoneFlex R510
The Ruckus ZoneFlex R510 delivers high-performance and reliable 802.11ac wireless networking with MU-MIMO (Multi-User Multiple-Input Multiple-Output) capability. MU-MIMO helps boost network throughput by serving multiple clients simultaneously and also benefiting non-Wave 2 clients, thus improving overall network performance.
The R510, through its USB port, also enables IoT readiness for technologies like BLE, which helps drive business efficiencies from both a revenue and cost perspective. It does this with existing 802.3af power, obviating the need for expensive, capital intensive switch upgrades.
Each ZoneFlex R510 integrates Ruckus-patented BeamFlex+, a software-controlled, high gain antenna array that continually forms and directs each Wi-Fi packet over the best performing signal path.
Using dual-polarized antennas the R510 adapts in real time to anticipate hand-held device movement and rotation ensuring consistent performance. outlets, and branch offices.
MU-MIMO helps Wave 2 and non-Wave 2 clients. The R510 can communicate simultaneously to multiple Wave 2 clients increasing network performance. This frees up airtime for non-Wave 2 clients resulting in enhanced aggregate network throughput.
Advanced WLAN Applications
When used with the Ruckus WLAN controllers, each ZoneFlex R510 supports a wide range of value-added applications such as BYOD/guest onboarding, Dynamic PSK, hotspot authentication, wireless intrusion detection and many more. WLANs can be created and mapped to the same or different APs or VLANs. In a centrally managed configuration, the ZoneFlex R510 works with a wide range of authentication servers including Microsoft’s Active Directory, LDAP, and RADIUS.
Flexible Deployment Options
ZoneFlex R510 APs can be deployed as a standalone AP or as part of a centrally managed wireless LAN using ZoneDirector or SmartZone Smart WLAN controllers. ZoneFlex R510 can be deployed across any L2/L3 network and can bridge traffic onto the local network, tunnel to a central location using L2TP**, or route between the WAN and NAT’ed private subnets. With the Ruckus controllers, each ZoneFlex R510 is automatically configured through the network making deployment quick and easy.
Complete Local And Remote Management
Each Zoneflex R510 can be managed by the ZoneDirector controller or the SmartZone controllers like SZ100, SCG200 or the vSZ. The controllers enable local management and control of APs, adding value-added services such as centralized AP provisioning, management and control at high scale.
• WiFi 802.11ac Multi-User MIMO (MU-MIMO)
• Dual-band concurrent (5Ghz/2.4GHz)
• BeamFlex+ (PD-MRC) smart antenna, with support for 64 unique antenna patterns enables up to 4 dB of additional gain and up to 10 dB of additional interference mitigation
• Up to an additional 4dB BeamFlex gain / 10dB interference mitigation / 3 dBi physical antenna gain
• Automatic interference mitigation, optimized for high-density environments
• 802.11ac standard Tx Beamforming
• Standard 802.3af Power over Ethernet (PoE)
• Two 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports, one with 802.3af Power over Ethernet (PoE)
• USB Port for IoT technologies
• Router mode with NAT and DHCP services **
• IP multicast video streaming support
• Advanced QoS packet classification and automatic priority for latency-sensitive traffic
• Dynamic, pre-user rate-limiting for hotspot WLANs
• WPA-PSK (AES), 802.1X support for RADIUS and Active Directory*
• Ethernet 802.1x port-based authentication (authenticator and supplicant) **
• Dynamic PSK*
• Admission control/load balancing*
• Band steering and airtime fairness support
• Captive portal and guest accounts*
• Application recognition and control*
• SmartWay Bonjour gateway*
• SPOT location services*
• Band balancing*
* when used with a controller platform
** only in standalone mode