This is an EU directive to harmonised EU measures to fight medicine falsification, ensure all medicines are dispensed safely, and that the trade in medicines is rigorously controlled.
The EU Measures include:
• New, compulsory safety features – including a unique identifier and an anti-tampering device – on the outer packaging of medicines
• A common, EU-wide logo to identify legal online pharmacies
• Tougher rules on the import of active pharmaceutical ingredients
• Strengthened record-keeping requirements for whole supply chain.
All new packs of medical prescriptions in the UK will include 2 new safety features:
1. An anti-tampering device (ATD) seal
2. A 2D Datamatrix barcode printed on the packaging, by the pharma manufacturers, which is a unique identifier (UI), which will be registered on a central database, called the European Medicines Verification System (EMVS)
In order to comply with this requirement, all high street pharmacy stores and shops will have to check the ATD seal and scan the 2D barcode to validate the barcode information (UI), at the time of dispencying medical prescriptions to a patient.
Barcode Technologies Ltd - www.barcode-uk.com is helping high street retail community pharmacies shops and stores with such a solution to become compliant before this deadline with 2D Datamatrix barcode readers and FMD software solution.
Call today to discuss your requirements Tel: 01442 872232 or email: email@example.com