What is Zebra Link-OS ?
What is Zebra Link-OS Multiplatform SDK ?
You can now use the Zebra Multiplatform Software Development Kit to Create Custom Applications.
The robust Zebra Link-OS® Multiplatform Software Development Kit enables app creation on PCs, smart phones and tablets, supporting the most popular operating systems.
The Link-OS SDK makes creating powerful applications simple and straightforward.
This SDK saves considerable time and money as you develop your own application solutions.
• Expanded demos, extensive documentation, and template printing
• Develop apps for PCs, smart phones and tablets using Windows®, Linux, Android™, iOS™, Windows Mobile™ and Windows CE™
• Develop apps leveraging the Cloud Connect feature using our Webservices demo code
• Supports Java, Objective C, VB, C# and .NET
• Supports the Xamarin Cross-Platform Development tool set
• Supports Link-OS printers and the ZXP family of card printers
ZEBRA CONFIDENTIAL INTERNAL USE ONLY iOS App White Listing
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. WHAT DOES MFI (MADE FOR IPOD, IPHONE, IPAD) MEAN?
The MFi logo signifies that Apple has certified a product for use with specific iOS devices via Bluetooth connectivity.
If you plan to connect to a Zebra MFi product over a Bluetooth connection, you must register your app with Zebra.
2. DO I NEED TO REGISTER MY APP WITH ZEBRA?
• Yes — If your app communicates with a Zebra product via Bluetooth using the External Accessory Framework, and you plan to distribute the app via the App Store or Volume Purchase Program Store, then you must register the app with Zebra.
• No — Registration is not required if your app communicates with a Zebra product via WLAN, Bluetooth Low Energy, or a standard Bluetooth profile (HFP 1.6, PBAP, A2DP, AVRCP 1.4, PAN, HID, MAP). Registration is also not required for apps that are not distributed via the Apple App Store or Volume Purchase Program Store.
3. DO I NEED TO REGISTER MY APP AGAIN WITH ZEBRA IF I UPDATE MY APP?
Yes, the version number of a previously registered application must be updated.
Apple differentiates apps based on app names and bundle identifiers. If you change the name or bundle ID of your app you must re-register your app with Zebra.
Additionally, Zebra registers your app to individual Zebra product models. If there is an additional Zebra product model with which you want your app registered, you must submit a new request to Zebra for the additional product model.
4. HOW DO I GET MY APP ON THE APPLE APP STORE™?
If you are creating an app to communicate with a Zebra product, you must sign up for Apple’s iOS Developer Program. This program gives you access to a wide range of Apple created Developer tools and documentation. The documentation includes information on how to submit an application to the App Store™.
Applications that communicate with an MFi certified Zebra product must be registered with Zebra before being submitted to Apple for review.
Apple will reject the application if it is not associated with a valid MFi Product Plan. Be sure to include the app’s associated MFi Product Plan ID in the Review Notes section of the submission form.